No, but you will need to incorporate in to have a legal structure to get your EIN.
You should sign up as a Sole Proprietor. This is the type of structure applying for an EIN.
What exactly is a Sole Proprietor?
- A sole proprietor is a business owned by only one person/individual
- A sole proprietor can be a self-employed individual
- All business income and expenses are reported on the individual's federal income tax return
- A sole proprietor may have employees, but not always
- A sole proprietor may have only one EIN